Saturday, October 24, 2009

Parker Birthday Bash

My parents decided to try to make their birthday gifts to their adult children more personal so they asked those of us that live close to choose a fun family activity rather than a physical present. We loved that idea and made the most of it on Saturday, October 17th combining both Aaron’s and my belated birthday celebrations into one fun day. (Yes – we have had trouble scheduling SEVERAL things – not just the Austin’s coming to dinner…) For my part of the celebration my parents picked us up and we all drove down to Provo to take a 1 hour photography class from Leah Wright – one of my favorite local photographers. She did a GREAT job giving us a succinct lesson that everyone thought was very easy to understand. She gave us tips on an inexpensive lens that will allow us to take photos with less flash indoors and create the look I love with eyes crisp and backgrounds faded out. I am seriously considering following up with her Photoshop class when I can fit it in – so sometime in 2011 perhaps!

After class ended, we drove to Los Hermanos and had a delicious early dinner before heading to the Dinosaur Museum for Aaron’s part of the birthday. (My dad had never been so it was Aaron’s goal to get him there one way or another!) Although my dad ended up touring it mostly by himself as the rest of us were stuck at the water table we all had fun doing what we loved.



Braden and Cailin at the photo class. We still have a lot to work on to master the techniques she taught but it was a fun start. You can visit her website at http://www.thewrightfampics.blogspot.com/

No comments: