Sunday, October 25, 2009

Charming the Roosendaals

On our mountain walks we see a lot of people we don’t know but we finally ran into some that we DO – the Roosendaals. Lori is Aaron’s half aunt? (Lynn’s half sister) that we don’t see very often. Her youngest son will be leaving for a mission in Rancagua, Chile next week (the lower half of my mission) so they invited us to dinner last Sunday to catch up. Aaron talked to the men about politics and military. I talked to the women about movies, family history, food and Chile (you don’t have to twist my arm to talk about Chile!) Cailin was a bit cranky but everyone still thought she was beautiful and took turns holding her so I got a lovely break. And Braden – the favorite of all – charmed everyone but especially Grammy Pat and the younger women with good behavior and his way of matter-of-factly stating things such as “Hmmm … (noticing that his place at the adult table had a full set of silverware) they don’t USUALLY let me have a knife at the table because I shouldn’t really be cutting things.”

No comments: