Sunday, March 15, 2009

Neatly Folded

For those who don't know - and probably many of you don't becuase I don't like to broadcast it - I have a housekeeper that comes 2 times per month for 2 1/2 hours each visit. Her name is Silvana and she is spectacular. She can clean more in those 2.5 hours than most people can clean in 5-10. When she leaves everything is spotless, gleaming and, where applicable, folded into perfect squares. (The physics of it is truly baffling.)

In order for her to get thru the entier house, I do my best to pick up before she gets there so she can just clean. When I forget something - like a few toys on the floor - I will find them neatly organized near the place that they were discarded.

The last Friday she came, I thought I was doing pretty well. I had finished the dishes, made the beds, and picked up the toys and shoes that were everywhere. But when I came home from running errands I realized I had forgotten the most disgusting thing of all - dirty dish rags! Instead of remembering to take them to the wash room I had left them strewn down the stairs to the basement! I have no idea what she thought when she saw them there, but when I got home, I found each of them still occupying the step it had landed on when I threw it down - only now they were neatly folded. Thank you for the laugh, Silvana!

2 comments:

Robin @ Bird On A Cake said...

Oh, how I wish that I could come home and find neatly folded anything!!!

Becky said...

Man, Nat, when you blog, you really blog! I had no idea you had a cleaning lady come--that must be sooooo nice! One day I will experience that when I am rich, but then it won't matter because the kids will be grown and not living in my house anymore! :)