Sunday, March 15, 2009

The 3-Wheel to 4-Wheel Conversion

We are not exactly the family you would expect to buy a four-wheeler. But when Braden outgrew his 3 wheeler (aka tricycle), Aaron thought a big boy bike with training wheels would be perfect. (Yes, I know - terrible joke -but then you know my sense of humor so I am sure you saw it coming.) I thought I was humoring Aaron when we went to the toy store to let Braden try to "ride" a bike. I mean, he is 3 years old. I assumed it would be a miserable failure and then we would just order a boot scoot bike like I wanted. After watching Braden navigate the entire store twice, however, it became clear that I was the one out of touch with reality - and Aaron was, in fact, right, as usual.

Since bringing it home, Braden has improved to the point that Friday night we took our second trip to the elementary school (probably almost a mile each way) with Braden on the bike, Aaron running by his side and me waddling behind as quickly as my stretched out joints would carry me. What a strange new world!


No comments: