Sunday, February 22, 2009

Finally caught up - time to get working!

I haven't been caught up on blogging in SO long. It seems that every time I turned around this year we had been on another trip that would take me 4 months to blog about. Well life has finally slowed down and I can blog about things that aren't just journal entries for our posterity. My topic this time - remodeling.

We are going to do a little remodeling before the baby is here. And since we have decicded to contract most of it out, it might actually happen. Aaron's goal is to have both the kitchen and downstairs bathroom finished (both are mostly done now) and then remodel the upstairs bathroom. I also want to have the moldings and casings replaced, house painted and doors and hardware changed. (Yes I am nesting.) I know I wont get everything on my wish list, but we are working with some guys in our neighborhood to get the projects started and it feels really nice.

Just as a sneak peak - here is what I want to do with the moldings and casings. Tell me what you think!

5 comments:

Amy and Mike said...

Hey Nat, We are trying to remodel our house, we are trying top build another room in the basement

Jackee said...

I really like it! It will look very nice.

Shelly said...

Absolutely love it! Go ahead and get a lot done with the "nesting" because you know that not much will happen after that!

By the way, both of you need to go to Viewmont89.com to sign up for info on the 20th reunion this Summer. It updates everyone and I have noticed that neither one of you is there! Email me with questions!

Lyne Family said...

At first I saw the picture and was wondering where in your house that was and thinking how great it looked! Then I realized that it wasn't your house, but it does still look great.

Becky said...

Oooh, I love the casings. That will look really nice. Some day I will get around to the details . . . someday.