Sunday, February 22, 2009

Sugar and Spice and Everything Nice

Well at least I hope so. We went in for our official ultrasound and were told they were 100 percent sure I am having a girl. (The report it self only said "probably" but I am guessing they never come out in the report with a definitive answer just in case.)

Years ago I dreamed that my first child would be a straight haired blond boy. And later I dreamed my second child would be a curly blond little girl with very bright blue eyes like Aaron. Braden fits the bill for the first dream, but I think the odds are against me being right two dreams in a row. I do enjoy wondering what she will be like. Will she be blond or brown haired? (Yes, Sarah - it is wierd being brown haired with bond babies). Will she be as energetic as Braden? I hear baby girls tend to be calmer. I could get used to that.

When my sister-in-law, Kim, is pregnant, she just can't wait to get the baby out and hold it in her arms. I am not sure I feel quite the same zeal. I remember the sleepless nights - feeling like I had been run over by a truck and not getting the chance to heal. But still, I am getting pretty excited. Only a little more than 4 months left.

4 comments:

Jackee said...

How exciting, Natalie! It is so nice to have a boy and a girl. I am so happy for you. I don't know that I would count on calmer, though. I think it totally depends on the kid. I had boys that were calmer than my girls and one who was less calm.

Amy and Mike said...

A girl, I hope you are right, Mike & I are having a girl in about 5 wks. Apr. 3 she is due. Her heartrate was higher than any of the boys, that was our sign that she was a girl, but that doesn't always work.

Lyne Family said...

I'm the sister-in-law Kim, right? :) Some days I can't wait to get the baby out...and others I realize how much easier it is when they are stuck inside. I do tend to be a little on the OCD planning side, though, and try to have everything "ready" by 37 weeks, just in case you know?

And about girls being calmer? It really depends on the day. I'm sure that Braden will teach her to be wild and crazy! :)

Robin @ Bird On A Cake said...

Ooh, I am so happy to hear that! (You already know my personal views on this subject...) I think you will love having a little girl. What this world needs is a little Natalie running around!! ;0)