Monday, September 27, 2010

Deer Valley Retreat

My family (including all of my brothers and sisters and their families) got together for a family reunion at a Deer Valley condo in July. By "Condo" I mean something like a mini mansion. We had 3 levels that were each about the size of my home. There was a pool table, two kitchens, and several balconies with wonderful views. In fact that only thing it didn't have was air conditioning. (My fault - I booked it for us but for some reason assumed that ait conditionining came with most places these days ...) We rode the alpine coaster and let the kids do some high flying bunji tramopline jumping. We went to a ranch nearby for a big dinner and wagon ride. The kids playhed with eachother nonstop. It was great.

While there Mike told us that one of his last business trips had taken him to California near where we used to live. He had driven by our old home and brought a picture. It was fun to take a trip down our memory lane while we watched our kids make wonderful memories of their own.


The home I gew up in. Nothing has changed except for the house color, garage door, steps to the front, gravel (we had grass), and all of the plants you see. Othre than that, exactly the same :)

No comments: