Saturday, May 30, 2009

The Comfy Chair

Evidently there is a Monty Python skit about a "comfy chair" used as a torture device. So when I named a specific, triple padded executive chair "the comfy chair" my coworkers laughed, I glared at them and anyone with the ability to see my past and future probably thought , "hmmm, interesting foreshaddowing..."

I used the comfy chair at work for most of my pregnancy with Braden to ease the joint pain that started in my first trimester. Not that I could complain - joint pain and back pain (and how the two combined to keep me from sleeping) were my main symptoms with Braden.

This pregnancy I decided to put off my special chair as a treat for the last trimester. I must say I was surprised at how I held up. My joints, though sore while sitting in the chair at work, weren't as sore at night. And luckly this pregnancy didn't have that same upper back pain. That is until I snuck the comfy chair back into my office 4 weeks ago! One blissful day of rest in the comfy chair and I was up most of the night with my joints and back killing me just like they did with Braden! Since then the comfy chair has been banished from my area. Anyone want to re-enact the Monty Python skit? I have the perfect prop!

1 comment:

Jackee said...

If only you had known....