Saturday, May 9, 2009

Carnage at the Christensen Corral

As controversial as Aaron is, I knew it would only be a matter of time before there was some sort of attempt on his life. It finally happened a few weekends ago on a Saturday in our own home. I was tidying up the front room while Aaron was snacking in the kitchen. All at once I heard a scream of absolute shock and raced to find Aaron, the counters, the cabinets, the fridge, the floor and even the walls in the front room all splattered with something red. Blood? No - a delicious blend of tomatoes, onions and cilantro. This was the work of one of our favorite Mexican restaurants - Los Hermanos - and the weapon of choice was an exploding tub of salsa.

In the end, the only casualty was the white shirt Aaron had been wearing. Will there be another attempt? I can only assume so. Any message intended by the blast ("hey - stop hogging all the salsa" for example) was completely lost on Aaron, who, after tossing his shirt in the trash, opened the other 32 oz container we had purchased and continued his snack.

A non-artist's rendition of the gore that followed the salsa bomb. No joke. I wish I had just gotten the camera!

1 comment:

Becky said...

Hilarious! I love the drawing of the scene! Though it's sad to hear that an entire tub of Los Hermanos salsa was wasted!! I have almost forgotten what it tastes like--tragic!!